Auto Insurance Quotes for Beginners
So you’re about to purchase your first car and are looking for auto insurance quotes but don’t know where to start. Well you’ll be happy to know that finding a quote for your car is easier than ever! You can thumb through the Yellow Pages and call agents, or hop on the Internet and visit companies for quotes right on their websites. What’s even better is that all of these quotes are free!
But as a beginner, obtaining a free quote doesn’t mean much if you don’t know what the information in the quote means. So to help you out, let’s take a look at some ways you can learn to understand auto insurance.
Understanding the Types of Auto Insurance
If you’re going to search for auto insurance quotes, it’s important that you understand what types of car insurance there are. Here is a list of some coverages to consider:
- Liability – This type of coverage protects you from the risks associated with property damage and personal injury only to others if you are at fault in an accident. If someone hits you, your insurance company won’t cover you.
- Comprehensive – This coverage protects your car in the event that you sustain non-collision damages, theft, vandalism, and at-fault or not-at-fault accidents.
- Collision – If you purchase collision, the company will pay the costs associated with damage to your own car.
- Medical – This coverage pays for medical costs for you and other parties associated with an accident with your car.
- Uninsured Motorist – This coverage protects a driver who caused an accident with insufficient liability coverage.
- Towing, Labor, Rental Reimbursement – These coverages pay for towing and storage of the damaged vehicle, as well as the cost associated with renting a vehicle after an accident.
If things become complicated for you at any point along the way, there are plenty of resources to consider.
Call an Auto Agent
If you find that you’re still stumped about acquiring auto insurance, don’t accept a policy without understanding everything. If you’re purchasing your policy online but feel confused about terminology, take a moment to call an agent with the company you’re interested in. Have that agent explain everything you don’t understand. The last thing you want is to obtain a policy with features you’re paying for but don’t need – or worse, one that leaves you severely underinsured.
As you probably see, obtaining auto insurance quotes is pretty easy, even for beginners. However, if you don’t know what you’re getting yourself into, the ease of the process could easily be lost to the not-so-great policy you purchase.
For more of the best insurance rates information, visit Go Insurance Rates often as news and rate updates occur frequently.