Best Auto Insurance Providers
The biggest test of how good an auto insurance provider is usually happens when a claim is being processed. How quickly the claim process is settled, and the quality of the parts they pay for is all part of what makes an insurance company stand out. According to the last ranking survey, Consumer Reports surveyed 21,228 subscribers who filed a claim from January 2001 through spring 2004. Based on that information the top ten spots are filled by:
- New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Co.
- Amica Mutual Insurance Co.
- United Services Automobile Association
- Auto-Owners Insurance Co.
- State Automobile Mutual Insurance Co.
- USAA Casualty Insurance Co.
- State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co.
- State Farm Fire and Casualty Co.
- Hartford Underwriters Insurance Co.
- Erie Insurance Co.
The ranking was based on an overall satisfaction score, problems with claims and delayed payments. To see how your auto insurance company ranks, be sure to check with consumer reports.