Progressive Auto Insurance Launches New Mobile Site
Major auto insurer, Progressive, has launched a new comprehensive website that is optimized for mobile users, as well as those using the free iPhone app. Progressive Insurance’s decision to upgrade was largely due to mobile phone user complaints that mobile web experiences are not as great as they could be. It’s also great to see the company listening to customer needs, and the Progressive mobile site works much better.
The New Site
There is no doubt that connecting to a site via a mobile phone very often offers a limited browsing experience. Many features are usually missing and some just don’t work as they should. However, according to Progressive, the new site will solve all of these problems and more.
Some of the features users of the iPhone app and mobile site will be able to enjoy include:
- Seeing crash test results and recall notices
- Comparing relative costs of insuring different cars
- Finding nearby agents’ offices on an interactive map
- Requesting quotes
- Watching Progressive TV commercials
- Making payments
- Seeing a copy of their insurance ID card
Other Features of the Site
Some other features of the new site include:
- Mobile alerts: As a policyholder, you could sign up to receive mobile alerts for payment information like due dates and electronic payment deductions.
- Claims reporting: If you have the iPhone app, it will send claims information directly to a Progressive claims representative who will work on it right away.
The new site is just one of many changes Progressive Insurance has made in the past year. It has also recently found success with its My Rate, Pay as You Drive and Name Your Price programs.
Are you looking for free insurance rates from companies like Progressive? If so, fill out our easy insurance form and in seconds you’ll be able to compare insurance premiums between the best insurance companies. It’s fast, easy and free.